Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dress Up your Pet Day

Is it Halloween? No! It's dress up your pet day! The day where you can dress your pet in any ridiculous thing that you want because it is a holiday!

Growing up, my dogs never wore clothes. They have fur, so what was the point? Now that I have Reese and Blossom I still don't have them wear clothes too often. Only for these photos, on Halloween, and when the weather is in the negatives I make them wear booties. They don't enjoy the booties, but without them they go out in the snow and before they can even do their business they are holding up their paws, trying not to touch the snow because their paws are so cold. I have even had to pick ice chunks out of Blossoms paw pads before. The cold is not fun (unless you are sledding!).

Working at a pet store I have seen all sorts of goofy clothes. Shirts, tutus, costumes, sweatshirts, rain jackets, winter jackets, goggles, sweaters, hats, dresses, tuxedos, bowties, and even a bikini! Why you want to put a bikini on your dog doesn't make sense to me! 

So if you enjoy dressing up your pet today is the day to do it! Even if it isn't a dog you can still dress them up! I once had a lady bring in her bearded dragon that had a bandana on it!

So have fun, and be creative! (And if it is something awesome then post a photo so I can see it!)

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

1 comment:

  1. I knew I should have taken a picture of Duncan when he was dressed up like Hannibal Lecter today

    ReplyDelete