Saturday, July 4, 2015

4th of July

Today is the 4th of July - a day about celebrating our Independence back in 1776 with the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

When I was younger my family never had family gatherings for the 4th of July. Instead we would go to Cedar Point (America's roller coast) and ride all of the coasters. It wasn't until I was going into 4th grade that we stopped that tradition. 4th grade was the year that I first started going to choir camp. It has continued ever since. I always loved that fact that choir camp was during the 4th of July, mainly because I always knew when camp was. Camp is always Sunday thru Saturday, so if the 4th was on a Wednesday I knew that the Sunday before the was the first day and the Saturday after was the last. I also loved it because at camp we have what we call the fire bowl, which is always in front of the lake. On the fourth we are able to go down and sit by the fire bowl, and we would see fireworks coming from all the different cottages around the lake. It is always a lot of fun.

So lets go celebrate our Independence!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment