Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Math 2.0 Day

What is Math 2.0 day? It is a day to get people interested in the math that they use everyday. It could be something as simple as knowing how to tell time and if you are running early or late. We also use it for counting money or being able to tell distances. We use math to figure out all of these things!

I remember when I was young that I would go to school early with my dad. My dad was a teacher at the school, so if we had time before school started and he had finished his prep work, we would walk around the school and he would quiz me with math problems. Later, when I got into sixth grade we started to learn long division. I'm not sure why, but I loved long division. When I finished the work that we had in class I would ask the class aid to give me additional long division problems that I could solve! I was a strange child!

So no matter if you enjoy math or not, appreciate it. You might not like it, but you use it every day - even if you don't think you are!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment