Saturday, March 28, 2015

Brother and Sister Day

Those who knew my family when I was growing up knew that my brother and I did not get along. We were like normal siblings, we got into arguments and disagreed about 95% of the time.

When our mom would bring home snack food, such as Nutty Bars, they were gone before she could even get them out of the bag. My brother and I grabbed as many as we could and hid them in various locations around the house. Not because we thought our parents were going to eat them, but because if we didn't, then the other sibling would hide them and we wouldn't get any.

We had a lot of instances where my brother would destroy my stuff. I in return, wouldn't break his stuff, but it would get "lost" until it mysteriously appeared again 6 months later in a bathroom drawer. We would also get into a lot of fights and I would have to lock myself in my room and push the dresser up against the door so that my brother couldn't get in. I'm honestly not sure how we survived each other.

Even with all of the stuff we went thru as kids, I still love my brother. We are thankfully MUCH nicer to each other than we ever were as kids. So take the time today to say hi to your siblings and let them know that you are thinking of them!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment