Monday, March 30, 2015

Doctors Day

No, this holiday has nothing to do with Doctor Who. It has to do with the medical doctors that help us throughout our life. I know that I am very grateful to have doctors that help me feel better when something is wrong or I feel bad.

My family has always been accident prone. I have gotten stitches in my head and my leg, along with breaking my arm - twice. My brother has gotten stitches in his head, leg, foot, along with breaking his arm as well. My sister bit threw her lip and had to get stitches, not to mention that she has had heart surgery and a spinal fusion in her life thus far. As you can tell, my family is very glad that there are doctors. Sure, they might not always have the best bedside manner, but they know what to do medically. I remember when I broke my arm the second time, they had to re-adjust the bone. So the doctor gave me two pain pills to take and a little glass of water. Being that I only had one hand to work with, I accidentally dropped one of the pills on the ground. The doctor threw what I can only call a hissy fit, and jumped up and down while mumbling. But he made up for that in being able to set my arm very quickly, and the fact that my grandmother has had him as a surgeon for over 5 surgeries.

 I know that I am very thankful for those people who become doctors - because I know that I could never do it. I pass out at the sight of blood! So take a moment today to thank a doctor.

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment