Saturday, March 14, 2015

Potato Chip Day

The Potato chip has a special meaning to my family. Yes, it is tasty and made out of potatoes, but that's not why it is special to us. It is special because the potato chip was sort of like a family business to us.

My grandpa, along with two of my Uncles, were Better Made Potato Chip drivers for years. My grandpa retired long before I was born, but I remember my other Uncle still had his truck route when I was little. I remember seeing him in his yellow truck. My mom would tell me stories of when she was younger and would go on the chip route with her dad. She would point out places that they had stopped on their route and tell me random facts about the store or the neighborhood. I remember whenever we passed by a yellow Better Made truck we always had to check and see if it was either of my Uncles; 90% of the time it was.

So take today to enjoy your favorite potato chip!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment