Friday, March 6, 2015

World Day of Prayer

Today is a day of prayer. This holiday was created so that women from different cultures could connect through prayer, and realize that prayer and the actions that we do are one in the same.

People can pray in so many different ways. One can pray with their hands crossed, head bowed, on their knees, silently, out loud, in song, with other people, by themselves, etc. There are endless possibility's! Every year since 1999 I have went to Choir Camp. It is a church based camp for campers going into 4th grade through the year they graduate high school. I went for 10 years as a camper, and this July will be my 5th year as a counselor. One year, every person at the camp got a prayer shawl. It was a shawl that we wore when we were praying. I didn't think much of it when I got it, but as the week progressed, I would see people using them. One girl in my cabin wore hers, and went and sat by the trees by the cabin. She said there for over 20 minutes, just looking over the lake. Other people would put them on and start singing "As I went down to the river to pray". It was such an awesome experience!


Take a moment to say a prayer today. It could be silent, out loud, or in song. Whatever you would like!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment