Sunday, March 1, 2015

Namesake Day

Every wonder about your name? What it means? Who has had it before? If you were names after someone? Well today is the day to explore your name and find out!

When I got Reeses from the shelter years ago, he was a 6 month old, energetic puppy. He was a little nervous with new things (umbrellas, bridges, cellphones), but he learned fast and was a sweet and loveable boy. The only downside was his name; Amos. Amos was the name that the shelter gave to him. I couldn't stand it. My mom wanted to name him Chrysler because of being found in Detroit. He didn't look like a Chrysler to me. I ended up choosing Reeses because of his coloring. He looked like a Reeses peanut cup. Plus there are so many more nick names for Reeses than Amos or Chrysler. He has been called Reeses, Reese, Reeses Pieces, etc.

My name on the other hand tells you that I'm Irish (Erin). Actually my whole name is Irish. Going back and doing genealogy we have found that I am Irish and German on both sides of the family.

So have fun today and look up your name. You will probably learn something that you didn't know!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment