Saturday, March 21, 2015

National Quilting Day

This is a holiday that I can actually do! I have been quilting since I was in 4th grade. I learned how to quilt from my mom, who learned how to quilt two years before me. I finished my first quilt in 6th grade and have been hooked ever since.

One of my favorite things is going on quilt retreats with my family. My mom side of the family is the quilters. When I was in middle school, about 8 to 10 of us went on a quilting vacation in a little Amish town in Ohio. It was a cute little place that was less then a block away from the main town. Everyone that went brought a different quilt project. If we needed material we would walk into town to a few quilting shops. If we needed help with the pattern we were working on we had plenty of people to help us. What I loved the most though, was spending time with my family while doing something we all enjoyed.

So if you don't know how to quilt, then make sure you use a quilt at some point today!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment