Friday, March 27, 2015

World Theatre Day

The Theatre! It has kept people entertained for ages - longer than the television or the radio! Today is a day to celebrate the theatre and all the wonderful plays that have gone up on the stages. Shakesphere has many plays that he made for the theatre - quite a few are still performed today, such as Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Ceaser, and Macbeth. Or the Theatre has newer plays such as Wicked, The Sound of Music, Oklahoma, and the Phantom of the Opera.

When I was in girl scouts we went to see a play in Toledo. My whole troop sat in a little theater and watched. After the play we got to stay behind and one of the actors did a meet and greet and we played a few "acting games". We played one where we had to keep our face as serious as possible while others were trying to make us laugh. I was horrible at it. We played a few other games too. My friends learned what I had learned a long time ago - I am not a good actor!

So enjoy a play or practice acting!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment