Thursday, March 5, 2015

World Book Day

There is a book for practically anything you can think of! There are books about how to put things togeather, childrens books, fiction, health, photography, dogs, amongst many other books! So lets take the time today to celebrate books!

Ever since I was a kid, I enjoyed reading. My favorite part during school wasn't recess, but silent reading time. I remember in 5th grade that I got pulled out of class during silent reading time because I had to take speech lessons (I couldn't pronounce my 'r' words very well). Every time that we (Myself and one other kid from my class) would go to speech we would get colorful sticker that looked like a gumball. We would then put it on a piece of paper that looked like a gumball machine. When we filled up the entire piece of paper, we would get a handy, dandy . . . . MECHANICAL PENCIL!. . . . I was so angry. I had to miss silent reading time for over 3 months for a mechanical pencil?!? Why couldn't they have taken me out during math, or better yet, recess!?

Books are something that help us "escape" to a new world. They are like television - but much better!

So grab a book, and enjoy!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom


No comments:

Post a Comment