Tuesday, January 20, 2015

CamCorder Day

When I was a kid, I thought that our video recorder was the best thing ever. It was a big recorder that actually took VHS tapes and it was so old that the battery didn't hold a charge. So in order to use it we had to keep it plugged into the outlet. That didn't stop me from using it though. I video taped everything! I recorded my brother and my friend down the street playing foursquare, our dogs sleeping, the blister on my foot, my beanie babies, terrifying my sister with worms that my brother and I dug out of the backyard, along with lots of other pointless things.

I got my own camcorder for Christmas when I was 17. So not only did I get to video tape all of the presents that we got, I also made a skit with my siblings for a workout video. I still have that video camera and use it from time to time - although I've noticed I mainly pull it out for holidays or special occasions. I try to make them somewhat fun though. It doesn't always work, but when I look back at them years from now, at least I will know that I tried. . . . Cause as much I love watching the home videos of me when I was one year old, it gets rather boring watching me play with Cookie Monster for 30 minutes straight.

So go out and record something that you will enjoy watching 20 years from now!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment