Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Punch the Clock Day

No, this is not a holiday were we need to find a clock and punch it. . . at least I don't think it is. It is not actually known who created this holiday or why, although it is guessed that this holiday is celebrating the use of punch clocks that you would find in most work places.

We have a punch clock at my work. It's not really that interesting. When we get to work we slide our card through it, and when we get off or take our lunches we slide the card again. It then keeps track of when we were working. I'm sure it makes it more efficient than the literal punch cards in which people would stick pieces of paper in and it would punch a time when they clocked in and out. I don't know much about that, but it seems like it would be more work. . . and waste more paper. But who knows?

No idea how to celebrate this holiday. I guess that I will literally punch my clock and call it good!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment