Saturday, January 24, 2015

National Peanut Butter Day

For those of you with peanut allergies, this is not the holiday for you! But for people like me, who love peanut butter, this will be a fun day indeed!

As most of you have figured out, I like peanut butter. So much in fact, that my dog is named after a chocolate and peanut butter candy (Not really, but we are going to go with it!).

So here are some fun facts about peanut butter!

- We, as Americans, consume 700 million pounds of peanut butter annually, about three pounds per person!

-75% of US homes have a peanut butter jar.

- Peanut butter is a good source of protein.

-  It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.

-  By law, any product labeled “peanut butter” in the United States must be at least 90 percent peanuts.

-  Four of the top 10 candy bars manufactured in the USA contain peanuts or peanut butter

-  Peanuts account for two-thirds of all snack nuts consumed in the USA.

-  Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter

-  The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.

So I'm going to go get a Reeses and celebrate this holiday!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I make up for those who don't like it. In fact I'm eating peanut butter as I'm writing this!!

    ReplyDelete