Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Quiet Day

Being quiet is not something that comes naturally to my family. To be honest, we are actually pretty darn loud. When I was seven years old I went to a Michigan football game with my dad. Now for those of you not familiar with the Michigan stadium, it can hold over 100,000 people. So imagine my dads horror, when we came back a YEAR later and the usher looks at me and say's "Hey look, the screamers back!".

So we have established that my family (me included) are very loud. So the "quiet game" (see who can stay quiet the longest) never worked very well in my family. My brother and I seldom played it, and when we did, it only lasted about 5 minutes because we wanted to go back to yelling and arguing with each other.

I took a communications class a few years ago in college. The professor would always have us do rather strange things and then we would have to write a speech about our experience.  For one such experience, we had to go an entire 24 hours without talking. Do you know how hard that is for someone like me who is constantly singing and talking to herself?!? It was very difficult for me, but very interesting at the same time!

So make sure you get some quiet time into your day!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment