Monday, February 23, 2015

Tennis Day

I'm not going to lie. I am absolutely horrible at tennis. I am pretty good at racquetball, but for some reason, trying to hit a bigger ball with a bigger racquet is hard for me!  But I have to say that Reese absolutely love's tennis balls! (Although, if you don't watch him, he will destroy it in under a minute!).

So lets learn some things about tennis:

- The modern game of tennis originated in Birmingham, England, in the late 19th century as “lawn tennis”

-  Prior to the use of rackets in tennis, people used their palms to hit the ball back and forth

Tennis balls were white until 1972, when it was found that a bright yellow color was easier to see on a television screen.

- The first women to play in the Wimbledon tournament wore full length dresses.

Have a great Tennis Day!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment