Saturday, February 21, 2015

Women in Blue Jeans Day

Blue jeans! We see them everywhere now! But "way back when" it was not likely for women to wear jeans. Blue jeans represents how much women can do. We can vote, do hard labor, and have a "regular" job in society.

I love to look through photos. Especially my grandma's photos. The one thing that strikes me more than anything is the fact that the women are pretty much always in a skirt or a dress. There is not one photo that I can remember where the women were in pants. She would tell me how most of her friends ended up with office jobs or as a teacher. There wasn't any of them that was going to NASA, being a construction worker, or other "manly" jobs.

Now a days we have come a long way. Women can have practically any job as long as they work for it. So lets celebrate how far women have come and wear some blue jeans!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment