Friday, April 17, 2015

Haiku Day

Haiku is a Japanese form of poetry. A haiku is very short and it is all about the syllables. The first line has 5 syllables, the second line has 7, and the last line has 5 syllables.

Poetry was never my favorite thing in school. When we were forced to write it I would usually just suffer through it, but I never truly understood it. In third grade we had to make a poetry book. I look back at mine and can tell that I did not understand poetry what so ever. I thought that it was all about rhymes and boring topics. It wasn't until my college creative writing class that it wasn't as horrible to write poetry. It still is my least favorite topic in English, but my teacher taught that poetry is not suppose to be all about rhymes and boring topics. It is about expressing your emotions and feelings through writing. Almost like writing song lyrics. They tell a story, but it flows in a different way than just writing a short story.

Happy Haiku Day!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment