Sunday, April 26, 2015

National Kids & Pets Day

Today is the day to educate kids about their pets! Kids are always very curious about animals and usually want to own some type of pet. Today is about teaching them how to take good care of their pet, and learn how to interact and communicate with their pet.

Pets come in all different shapes and sizes. They could have a dog, cat, reptile, bird, fish, hamster, guinea pig, sugar glider, rabbit, along with many other household pet. With each animal comes a different type of responsibility. Growing up my first family pet was a dog. I was about 4 or 5 when we got Maggie. She was some type of mix that we got from the pound. She was very affectionate, but I had to learn very quickly that I some times played too rough. Dogs are not made to ride on their backs like horses. I also got to help with feeding and taking her outside to use the bathroom. Along with Maggie we also had a fish tank. It wasn't until I got older that I learned how much hard work goes into a tank. When I was a kid, I thought it was just about turning the light on and off and making sure that they got fed. Now that I'm older I know that they also need frequent water changes and to make sure that the temperature is in the correct range.

Pets can be a lot of fun. We want to make sure that both the pet and the kid stay safe when interacting together. So take the time today to teach a kid how to play with/ interact/ care for their pet!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment