Monday, April 13, 2015

World Youth Day

Our youth, like us, are always changing. My generation of youth is nothing like the current generation of youth or my parents generation of youth. Today is all about celebrating our youth and and to help guide them in a direction that will benefit all of us as they grow into adulthood.

I was into strange things when I was a kid. My generation was at the early stages of our technology era. We were into computer games, gameboys, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Pokemon, and ripped jeans. I have heard the phrase "Back when I was a kid we didn't have/didn't need (insert word)" many times. Even though it hasn't been a long time since I was considered a youth, the current youth has changed so much. They seem even more into video games, cellphones, One Direction, and challenges (such as the ice bucket challenge). Sure, it is different than any youth before, but all of our generations have been different than the ones before it. It is time to celebrate our youth and help them choose their path in life.

Stay young!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment