Sunday, April 12, 2015

National Grilled Cheese Day

Other than Nov 2nd, this is probably my favorite holiday of the year! National Grilled Cheese Day! Grilled Cheese is the best sandwich (in my opinion). You can have it by itself or with soup. Some people even put a tomato on it!

I was in girl scouts for 12 years. Throughout that time we went on trips quite a bit. The one thing that I learned from that is that we were horrible cooks. We would take turns cooking each meal. If we didn't cook our current meal we would be cooking our next meal. 9 times out of 10, whatever we were making would come out burnt or over cook. That included Grilled Cheese. I remember looking at my black, smouldering, sandwich thinking "Why wasn't I on this meal? I'm a pro at cooking the perfect grilled cheese!". It was that meal that cause me to eat this delicious sandwich the way I do. As I've mentioned before, I eat most food in a funny way. So when we are eating and someone says "Don't show Erin that!" of course I want to know what it is. It ended up being one of the moms slathering her burnt grilled cheese with grape jelly. So of course I tried it. . . and it made the burnt sandwich so much BETTER! I think that it was the only way to eat those sandwiches. I still eat grilled cheese with grape jelly from time to time. I even add ketchup to it too. Once again, I have weird taste buds. . . .

Hopefully you don't have to eat burnt grilled cheese, but either way, enjoy this wonderful sandwich!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment