Thursday, April 2, 2015

National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day

Other than Grilled cheese, this would have to be one of my favorite sandwiches! It brings me back to elementary school when my mom would make be a PB&J sandwich for lunch. After I ate the sandwich I would then proceed to blow up my brown paper lunch bag and pop it (in which I stopped after the principle freaked out over it [yet she never figured out that it was me. . .]).

I still enjoy a PB&J sandwich today.

I remember in high school I took a foods class. There was actually a debate in the class about the "proper" way to make a PB&J sandwich. Some where arguing that you put the peanut butter on one slice of bread, and the jelly on another. Others were saying that you slather one slice of bread in peanut butter and then cover the peanut butter in jelly. It didn't matter either way to me, they both tasted good (and the same).

So no matter how you like to make your PB&J, make sure you indulge in one today!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment