Monday, May 4, 2015

Anti Bullying Day

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you. . . . not so true. Words might not hurt you physically, but they do hurt mentally.

When I was in elementary school I was bullied all the time. It started in 4th grade when I switched schools. Within the first week of school I had a group of girls come up to me on the playground. They surrounded me and started kicking me. I met my first, and that year, my only friend because she warned me that they were coming back. Thankfully I was a fast kid, and after 2 weeks of not being able to catch me, they gave up. I was called all sorts of mean names and I begged my parents every day to go back to our old school. I hung out a lot with the teachers and school staff because it was the only time that I wasn't picked on. That only increased peoples thoughts of me as "a teachers pet" along with other names. I hated recess because that was when it was the worst. I took out my frustration by chasing a kid in my class around. I didn't realize until a year later that he hated it, and I stopped, realizing that I had become a bully myself.

Bullying is still something that happens today. It might be a little different because of social media, but it is still something that hurts. It makes a person feel as though they aren't worth anything. That they are worthless. So before you start talking behind peoples back, or even to their face, think about what you are doing. How would you feel if the rolls where reversed?

Stand up to bullys, and lets show everyone that they are not better because they know how to pick on others.

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment