Saturday, May 9, 2015

National Lost Sock Memorial Day

Other than today being my birthday, it is also National Lost Sock Memorial Day! It is a day all about remembering that sock that you lost or misplaced (or in my case that became the dogs chew toy!).

I remember when I was a kid my dad use to do our laundry. When he sorted our stuff into baskets he had a separate basket that he would put all of our socks in. Myself and my two siblings had to go through the basket and find our socks and then put the matching pairs together. I couldn't stand hunting thru all of socks and finding the pairs. Half the time the missing sock was gone forever, wether it was from the dogs or getting holes in them. I would purposely start wearing mis-match socks so that I wouldn't have to sort my socks. . . My dad hated it.

I guess that I started a trend before it became popular. There are now socks that you can buy that has no pair to match it. I own quite a few of them myself!

So take the time to remember those old socks that you no longer have, and all of the special memories you have with them!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment