Saturday, May 23, 2015

Lawn Mowing Day

One of my favorite smells is the smell of freshly cut grass. How my yard looks and smells after I cut the grass makes the time spent mowing worth it.

When I was a kid, my dad would have me and my brother go and pick up everything in the backyard before he would mow. We had to pick up our toys, the dog poop, and any other type of object that might get in the way of the lawn mower. We also had to bring the dogs inside so that they wouldn't have the opportunity to get too close to the mower and get hurt. When I got older, I didn't mind mowing the grass. Compared to my dad and my brother, I didn't get poison ivy every time I did yard work. The hardest part was getting our old lawn mower to actually start up. It sometimes took 20 minutes of pressing the button, pulling the string, and repeating before it would turn on. When I got my current house I got a riding lawn mower since I have a bigger piece of property. As lame as it sounds, it is rather fun to cut the grass. It is like you are kid riding a really loud go-kart.

So go out and mow your lawn!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment