Friday, May 22, 2015

Poppy Day

Poppy is a bright orange flower that blooms right around Memorial Day every year. It doesn't have much of a smell, but it is very pretty!

I bought my house almost two years ago. When I moved in I had no idea what type of plants were growing around my house other than lilacs (because the previous owner told me they were the property line between my yard and my neighbors). My Aunt came over to help me pull weeds and garden. Over by my shed I had a giant mass of weeds that I wanted to pull up. I was about to pull those weeds up when my Aunt rushed over and stopped me. She told me that they were Poppys and that they would bloom right around Memorial Day. I was very skeptical, because to me they just looked like over grown weeds. But I let them be, knowing that Memorial Day was only two weeks away. Right on Memorial Day was when they bloomed that first year. I was so excited! I actually had a flower that I didn't accidentally destroy! So this year I knew not to mow over that patch of poppys that looks like weeds!

So go enjoy the Poppys!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment