Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Drum Day

Who didn't like playing the drums when they were a kid? I know that I loved to pound and make "music" that most others would just call noise. So today is all about drums!

When I was a kid I did not own a drum set. The only time that I actually played on a drum set is when I would go to my Aunts house for our family Christmas and they would have a drum set that us kids could try. Most of the time though I enjoyed trying to make my own drum set. I would find lots of pots, pans, boxes, and big wooden spoons, and start to create my own musical world. My brother would join in too and we would create "wonderful" music until we were told to cut it out, or we would start hitting each other with the spoons!

Even if you don't have access to drums, you can make drums out of the things around you. I know that when I am in the car driving and a good song comes on the radio I tend to drum with my hands on the steering wheel.

So have fun, and lets make some noise!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment