Thursday, June 25, 2015

Color TV Day

Next week, all new - in color! That was a big thing back in the 60's when color televisions where first coming out. So lets celebrate being able to watch television in color.

I always liked older shows. I would watch I love Lucy, Gilligan's Island and the Addams Family. One of my favorite shows though is Dark Shadows. My dad got me hooked on the show on accident when he was flipping through on the television and happened across the re-runs on the SciFi channel. He had me and my brother watch an episode, not realizing that it would get me hooked. I now have almost the entire series (1225 episodes) on dvd. It's always fun to watch some of the episodes from the late 1960's. One episode would be in black and white while the next would be in color. In the ending credits there would be a voice over that would say what was going to be on tv next week - in color! It always made me laugh. But color tv really hasn't been around as long as we think it has been.

So lets celebrate tv and all of the colors that we can watch it in!

Erin
   Reeses & Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment